While Thanksgiving may be over, planning meals around harvest season with fresh vegetables makes any meal time a treat! This delicious medley of sweet potatoes, goat cheese, butter and heavy cream makes a perfect side to anything you’re serving up.
- 6 pounds sweet potatoes
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- ½ cup heavy cream or milk
- ½ cup goat cheese plain or try “woolwich dairy” cranberry cinnamon goat cheese for a twist
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Prick each sweet potato with a fork a few times. Wrap each potato in tin foil and
- place on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake until tender, about 1 – 1 ¼ hours.
- Remove sweet potatoes from oven and let cool slightly. Halve sweet potatoes and scoop out flesh into a large bowl. Add melted butter, cream, crumbled goat cheese and salt. Mash until smooth and season to taste with pepper.
- Note: if you’re a goat cheese lover like me, try crumbling additional goat cheese on top of the mashed sweet potatoes before serving.
Dana Shortt is a mother of two and the owner/operator of Dana Shortt Gourmet and Gifts. The shop is a boutique-style gourmet food store specializing in hand crafted prepared meals, an olive oil and balsamic vinegar tasting bar, gift baskets and quality chocolates from local suppliers. Dana received her formal culinary training at George Brown College. Along with her Culinary Management Diploma, she also holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel and Food Administration from the University of Guelph.