Tasty, small and easy to make – these steamed pork dumplings are great for parties and any gathering. They can be prepared ahead of time, making them perfect for potlucks, or as a quick meal when you’re short on time.
- Dumpling wrappers
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 small cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons ginger minced
- 2/3 cup 160 ml shredded cabbage
- 1/2 red pepper diced
- 3 green onions diced
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 1/4 cup 60 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
DIPPING SAUCE INGREDIENTS
- 1/4 cup 60 ml light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Asian sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced green onions
- Place filling ingredients in a large glass bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until combined.
- This mixture can be covered and set aside in the refrigerator until ready to fill the dumplings.
- Lay the dumpling wrappers out on a flat surface, then place a heaping teaspoon on the center of each wrapper.
- Lift the sides of the wrapper to creating a pouch, and twist to seal the opening.
- Create a grill top steamer with the Broil King Rib Roaster and the Narrow Stainless Topper.
- Fill the Rib Roaster about 1/2 way with water and bring to a boil.
- Line narrow topper with parchment paper to prevent your dumplings from sticking, place the dumplings on the parchment paper.
- Place the grill topper onto the rim of the rib roaster then rest the rib roaster lid on top, trapping the dumplings inside to steam. Steam for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 3 tablespoons of sesame oil on your exact fit cast iron griddle, right on the grill surface.
- Once the dumplings are steamed, transfer them to the griddle to fry.
- Fry until bottoms are crispy and golden brown approximately 5 minutes (2.5 minutes per side).
- Serve with a spicy dipping sauce.