Ingredients for pork
- 1 ½ pounds pork tenderloin cut into ¾” slices
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients for sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 3 tablespoons calvados apple brandy or regular brandy
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ½ cup 35% whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup toasted coarsely chopped hazelnuts optional
- 2 teaspoons each chopped fresh thyme and parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Sprinkle pork slices with salt and pepper. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add pork slices. Sauté until lightly browned. Transfer to a 2-quart casserole dish.
- For sauce, add 1 tablespoon butter to skillet. Add mushrooms, sauté gently for 2-3 minutes. Add calvados, chicken stock and salt and pepper to taste. Boil mixture 2 minutes.
- Pour sauce mixture onto pork. Cover casserole with lid or foil. Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes or until pork is cooked and tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream and cornstarch. Stir cornstarch mixture into hot casserole. Bake 5 or 10 minutes until sauce is thickened.
- Combine hazelnuts with herbs and sprinkle over top of casserole. Serve over rice or buttered egg noodles.