A fresh, bountiful salad is one of the best ways to celebrate the abundance of local summer produce. This is one of my favorite summer salads – the white truffle oil, Greek feta and Marcona almonds transform a regular tossed salad into something really special.
You can serve this salad as a side or top with grilled chicken or salmon to make it a meal. Don’t have feta? Sub in goat cheese or crumbled blue cheese. If you can’t find Marcona almonds, try regular almonds, pecans or walnuts (be sure to toast them first to intensify their flavour, colour and texture).
Don’t like blueberries? Try raspberries, blackberries or sliced strawberries.
- 5 oz 142 gram package baby arugula
- ¼ cup Marcona almonds chopped
- 1 cup Wild or regular blueberries
- ½ cup Crumbled feta I like the “Dodoni” brand best
- 2 tbsp Dark maple syrup
- 2 tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- 1.5 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup Good quality olive oil
- 1.5 tsp White truffle oil
- Pinch Salt and pepper
- Place all vinaigrette ingredients into a mason jar, secure with lid and shake until combined.
- Add salad ingredients to a large salad bowl and toss to combine. Dress salad with vinaigrette – you won’t need to use all of it. Vinaigrette keeps well in fridge for at least a month.