CAESAR SALAD DRESSING
- 6 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 ½ cups mayonnaise not low fat!
- 1 tablespoon anchovy paste
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup good quality extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup Asiago cheese grated
- or substitute parmesan cheese
- In a food processor, blitz the garlic pieces until they are very fine. Add the mayonnaise, anchovy paste, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. With the motor running, VERY SLOWLY add the olive oil until thickened.
- Fold in the asiago or parmesan cheese.
Dana Shortt is a mother of two and the owner/operator of Dana Shortt Gourmet and Gifts. The shop is a boutique-style gourmet food store specializing in hand crafted prepared meals, an olive oil and balsamic vinegar tasting bar, gift baskets and quality chocolates from local suppliers. Dana received her formal culinary training at George Brown College. Along with her Culinary Management Diploma, she also holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel and Food Administration from the University of Guelph.