Family Day is approaching soon, and with plenty to do in the region, there is no excuse not to go out and enjoy the day with your family.
Here are 5 Family Friendly Activities you can enjoy with the crew!
1. Grab your skates and head out to one of the many outdoor rinks, some of our favourites include:
• Uptown Waterloo
• Victoria Park
• The Hemlock Barn
2. Explore the great outdoors with a good hike. The following parks are open during the winter months, Shade’s Mills, Pinehurst Lake, Laurel Creek, Bellwood Lake, Guelph Lake and Rockwood. For your safety, please heed any trail condition postings.
3. From Trails to Slopes, Chicopee Ski Hill offers Skiing for the whole family, not to mention it is Canada’s Best Family Sport.
Family Day Hours: 9am – 9pm
4. Skiing not your thing? Not to worry, Chicopee tube park is also open for Family Day! Reservations are mandatory and can be made online. Need a little sweet incentive? Sno-Cones will be served all day. Family Day Hours: 8am – 8pm
5. Don’t want to brave the outdoors? The Museum in partnership with The Painted Cat is offering its members a virtual celebration discussing science and art all while we honour the heroes in your family! There will be crafts and a special guest appearance by a special, web slinging hero to help celebrate the heroes in your family and community. This virtual workshop will take place on February 21, 2022 from 11am – 12pm where participants will learn about heroes, families and get to ask our special guest some questions!
This program is entirely over Zoom. Printable sheets will be available to print at home. All crafts can be done with materials found at home however, optional supplies will be available for pick up. Not a member? Details on how to become a member can be found online at themuseum.ca