BBQ Blue Marble Cake
- 3 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 2 sticks 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus more for the pan
- 2 ½ cups white sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tsps. vanilla extract
- 1 cup vegan sour cream or yogurt
- 2 tbsps. butterfly pea powder blue matcha
- Icing sugar for dusting
Broil King Blue Glaze
- 1 ½ cup Icing Sugar
- 3 tbsps (non-dairy) milk
- ½ tsp butterfy pea powder (blue matcha)
- Adjust burners to medium heat to preheat the grill to 375°F, making sure the temperature maintains constant throughout the cook.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients from flour to salt and set aside.
- In a stand mixer or with egg beaters, cream together butter and sugar until fully combined. Do not overmix. Add eggs one at a time until incorporated. Mix in vanilla extract.
- Sift in flour mixture and continue beating. Add in sour cream or yogurt and beat until just combined.
- Transfer half of the batter into another mixing bowl and incorporate butterfly pea powder with a spatula.
- Grease a bundt pan with an even layer of butter and dust with flour, tapping to remove any excess.
- Scoop alternating batters into the bundt pan and swirl with a skewer to create a marbled design.
- Place the bundt pan on a baking sheet and bake on the grill for an hour. Check for doneness with a skewer. If it comes out clean, it is done. Otherwise, bake for another 10 minutes.
- As the cake is baking, make the glaze. Whisk together ingredients from icing sugar to butterfly pea powder and set aside.
- Remove cake from the grill and cool for 10 minutes before transferring onto a cooling rack. Let sit at room temperature until cool to touch, about 45 minutes. Pour glaze over the cake and dust with icing sugar.