BBQ Blue Marble Cake
Stop your loved ones in their tracks with this jaw-dropping and luxurious marble cake coloured blue with butterfly pea powder. Feel free to play around with colours and flavours by substituting the powder with other fun freeze dried powders.
Yield: 8 people
- 3 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 2 sticks 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus more for the pan
- 2 ½ cups white sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tsps. vanilla extract
- 1 cup vegan sour cream or yogurt
- 2 tbsps. butterfly pea powder blue matcha
- Icing sugar for dusting
Broil King Blue Glaze
- 1 ½ cup Icing Sugar
- 3 tbsps (non-dairy) milk
- ½ tsp butterfy pea powder (blue matcha)
- Adjust burners to medium heat to preheat the grill to 375°F, making sure the temperature maintains constant throughout the cook.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients from flour to salt and set aside.
- In a stand mixer or with egg beaters, cream together butter and sugar until fully combined. Do not overmix. Add eggs one at a time until incorporated. Mix in vanilla extract.
- Sift in flour mixture and continue beating. Add in sour cream or yogurt and beat until just combined.
- Transfer half of the batter into another mixing bowl and incorporate butterfly pea powder with a spatula.
- Grease a bundt pan with an even layer of butter and dust with flour, tapping to remove any excess.
- Scoop alternating batters into the bundt pan and swirl with a skewer to create a marbled design.
- Place the bundt pan on a baking sheet and bake on the grill for an hour. Check for doneness with a skewer. If it comes out clean, it is done. Otherwise, bake for another 10 minutes.
- As the cake is baking, make the glaze. Whisk together ingredients from icing sugar to butterfly pea powder and set aside.
- Remove cake from the grill and cool for 10 minutes before transferring onto a cooling rack. Let sit at room temperature until cool to touch, about 45 minutes. Pour glaze over the cake and dust with icing sugar.