Spinach & Artichoke Bread Bowl
- 1 Package of Fresh Baby Spinach
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 2 Green Onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 can Artichoke hearts drained and dried
- 4 Slices of Finely Chopped Prosciutto
- 1 Round sourdough bread medium sized
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 1/2 tsp Lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 cups Grated Jarlsberg Cheese
- 1/2 cup Finely grated Parmesan.
- Black ground pepper
- Melted Butter
- Garlic Plus or Chili Flakes Optional
- Add handfuls of spinach in non-stick frying pan. Stir until it begins
- to wilt. Add oil if spinach sticks to pan. Remove to plate, let cool and pat dry.
- Open, drain and pat dry artichokes.Finely chop spinach and artichokes.
- In the same frying pan, add oil and stir in green onion and garlic. Stir until softened. Let cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine mayo, lemon zest, green onion/garlic mixture, Prosciutto, salt and pepper. Add spinach- artichoke
- combination and the two cheeses. Combine well.
- Without cutting right through the bread, slice sourdough bread about 1” apart. Turn on 90 degree angle and continue slicing to create fingers. Set on parchment lined baking sheet or pizza pan. I recommend a stone pizza pan for a presentable serving option.
- Add the spinach and artichoke mixture between slices of bread (one way only) If there is extra mixture continue to add in
- opposite direction. Brush bread tops with melted butter. Sprinkle Garlic Plus or Chili Flakes on top of bread (optional.)
- Bake on middle rack for 25 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Serve with knife. Watch your guests pull, rip and cut with holiday delight.