A delicious cocktail that celebrates seasonal fruit, the Spring Thyme brings dry gin and lemon juice to balance the sweetness of the simple syrup and berries for a perfectly sippable celebration of spring.
- 2 oz gin
- 1.5 oz lemon juice
- 1.5 oz simply syrup
- 1 tbsp mixed berry jam
- Sparkling wine to top
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 3 Blueberries strawberries or raspberries for garnish
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
For the Simple Syrup
- Heat sugar and water in a saucepan on high.
- Bring to a boil.
- Allow sugar mixture to bubble for one minute.
- Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container.
To assemble the cocktail
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Pour the gin, lemon juice, simple syrup, and jam into the shaker. Shake and strain into a coupe.
- Top with sparkling wine, take a cocktail pin or toothpick and skewer 3 berries and set on the edge of the glass. Add sprig of thyme.