Sweet and juicy Ontario strawberries will soon be in season! This salsa is delicious served with tortilla chips or spoon it over grilled chicken, pork or fish.
Strawberry Avocado Salsa
- 2 cups Strawberries hulled & diced
- 2 Ripe avocados finely diced
- ½ cup Red onion finely diced
- ¼ cup Fresh cilantro chopped (or use mint if you don’t enjoy cilantro)
- Juice Half a lime
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp Aged or reduced
- balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil we like a spicy hot pepper flavoured olive oil
- In a bowl, stir together everything except the tortilla chips.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Dana Shortt is a mother of two and the owner/operator of Dana Shortt Gourmet and Gifts. The shop is a boutique-style gourmet food store specializing in hand crafted prepared meals, an olive oil and balsamic vinegar tasting bar, gift baskets and quality chocolates from local suppliers. Dana received her formal culinary training at George Brown College. Along with her Culinary Management Diploma, she also holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel and Food Administration from the University of Guelph.