The temperature outside is cooling down, so I like to keep things warm with comfort food. Tender fall off the bone baby back ribs paired with warm potato salad is a delicious choice that is easy and a true fall favourite.
Baby Back Ribs
- 4 racks Nutra Farms baby back ribs
Dry Rub Mix together:
- ¼ cup onion powder
- ¼ cup garlic powder
- ¼ cup smoked paprika
- 1 can Waterloo Dark beer
- 1 jar Chef D BBQ sauce
- Place ribs in a oven safe pan,
- cover each rib with the dry rub.
- Pour beer around ribs.
- Cover and place in an oven preheated to 250°C.
- Braise for 3.5 hours then remove from heat.
- Rub BBQ Sauce on Ribs
- Cover each rib with cling wrap and
- place in the refrigerator for 24hrs.
- Preheat BBQ to medium.
- Brush more BBQ sauce on the ribs and grill until the internal temperature hits 165°C.
Warm Potato Salad
- 4 cups diced cooked Potatoes
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion finely diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic finely diced
- ½ cup white wine or vegetable stock
- 1 cup 35% Cream
- ½ cup Mascarpone Cheese can substitute with cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded Aged Cheddar **Chef D uses 7yr old
- In a Saucepan over medium/high heat add olive oil and warm, add onions and garlic and sauté until onions are soft.
- Add white wine and bring up to a boil, stir in mascarpone, cream. Stir constantly until cheese is completely melted.
- In a greased oven safe pan add potatoes, grated cheese and pour sauce over potato mixture.
- Place in a preheated 350°C oven and bake uncovered for 30 minutes.