Ah summer! It’s finally here and we’re all ready to embrace the joy of being outdoors, backyard BBQ’ing and enjoying more quality time with family and friends. Whether you’re hosting a get together or looking for fun and easy cottage fare, here are some recipes that can be easily prepared ahead,
so you can kick back and enjoy!
Lay out some light, summery nibbles on a charcuterie board, and have your guests fill individual bowls with a variety of the following options. It’s easy to customize for those who are dairy or meat free.
- Smoked Salmon
- Prosciutto and/or mortadella
- Pepperoncini peppers mild
- Marinated artichokes
- Cherry & Sun dried tomatoes
- Pickled vegetables asparagus or onions
- Banana or Jalepeño peppers
- Black olives
- Green olives
- Soft cheeses like
- mozzarella or pecorino
- Red pepper jelly
- Dress with fresh herbs or pesto and salt & pepper
- Slice up some pita a baguette or add your favourite crackers
Prep ahead of time with a variety of flavourful options, and let the fun begin! Great at the campfire, or on the BBQ grill!
- Peanut butter cups
- Variety of mini
- chocolate bars
- Flavoured marshmallows
- Caramel sauce
- Different cookies or crackers to be used as a base for your sandwich
- Banana slices raspberries or sliced strawberries
- Coconut flakes
Pear and Ginger White Sangria
This summer cocktail is refreshing and easy! With lots of fresh fruit and ginger, it’s a great recipe for a crowd with just a touch of brandy.
- 1 750ml bottle of your favourite Riesling
- 3 Pears cut into cubes or slices
- 1 Orange cut into rounds
- 1 2-inch long piece of ginger peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup ginger brandy
- Combine ingredients in a large pitcher and stir.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve, at least 2 hours (the longer it sits, the better it tastes).