These BEST Maple Blueberry Scones are easy, delicious, and perfect all year round! Made with simple ingredients, these scones are truly a recipe for perfection!
- 2 ½ cups All purpose flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 2 Tbsp Granulated sugar
- ½ tsp Table salt
- 6 Tbsp Butter softened & cut into cubes
- ¾ cup Milk
BlueBerry Maple Coulis
- 1 cup Blueberries fresh or thawed
- ¼ cup Maple syrup
- 1 tsp Corn starch
- 1 Tbsp Water
- Sift the flour.
- Resift it with the other dry ingredients.
- Work the softened butter cubes into the dry mix with a pastry blender or a fork.
- Add the cold milk.
- Turn the dough on to a lightly floured surface.
- Divide the dough into 2 pieces, forming each piece into a circle the thickness of biscuits.
- Spoon some blackberry maple coulis onto each circle and fold over the dough, gently forming the dough back into a circle.
- Cut each disc into four wedges (to make 8 scones in total) and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake them at 400-425 degrees for 10-15 minutes until the bottoms are lightly golden and the centres are done.
BlueBerry Maple Coulis Directions
- Gently break up the berries with a masher or a fork, leaving them chunky so that there is a mix of whole berries, partly broken berries and crushed berries.
- Dissolve the corn starch in the water in a small saucepan over med/high heat.
- Stir in the maple syrup.
- Then add the crushed berries.
- Bring the mixture to a gentle bubbling simmer and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes, being careful not to let it boil vigorously. The longer it boils the thicker it gets.