This flank steak recipe is a family favourite. Learn how to cook flank steak by tenderizing with tiny cuts, then pan-frying in butter on the stove. No marinating required!
- 1 Flank steak 1-1/2 to 1-3/4lb
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Sugar
- ½ tsp Ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp Unsalted butter softened
- 3 tbsp Finely chopped chives.
- 2 tsp Grainy Dijon
- Zest Half a lemon
- Preheat BBQ to low.
- Cut steak in half lengthwise, then cut each piece in half crosswise. Season with salt and pepper and sugar. Place steaks in a cast iron skillet and place in the BBQ, cook until an internal temperature of 120 degrees. (3-5 minutes).
- Take out of BBQ and turn heat on BBQ to high.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, chives, mustard, and lemon zest.
- Once BBQ has achieved at least 700 degree – sear steaks 30 seconds on each side.
- Place steaks on dinner plates, cover with butter mixture and serve.